Thursday, November 17, 2011

Tshirt Scarf

I have been wanting to do one of these ever since it showed up in Pinterest. So simple, took barely any time at all and all you need is a t-shirt and a good pair of scissors.

Step 1. Grab a t-shirt that you don't mind getting all cut up. Anthony was kind of enough to donate one of his to my project. Now lay the t-shirt flat and cut off bottom hem.

Step 2. Begin cutting 1 inch (give or take) strips. Give or take because it doesn't have to be so precise since there is still Step 3 to do.


Step 3. Gather strips in one hand (I had 13 strips) and stretch trying to make all the strips the same length. The strips will have a smooth rounded look to the edges now.

Step 4. You could probably be done at this point but I went ahead and did as Ette' Studios did and took one strip away from the group to use to bind them all together. I cut that strip in half and using only 1 of the pieces, I bound up one section of the scarf. I tucked one end of the strip into the loop and began winding around. I didn't want it to be bunched up so when winding the strip around, I tried to keep it as neat as possible. Then I just double-tied it to the original end that was tucked into the scarf and then hid it within the bound-up section. Simple enough.


FINITO!

I LOVE it and it looks cute wrapped just 1, 2 or 3 times. I may go browsing around the house for more t-shirts to transform.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails