Thursday, August 20, 2015

37 years young

I turned 37 this past week and it feels...well, a lot like 36 actually. Another year older, hopefully getting wiser.

But the day started perfect with my husband picking me up some Starbucks, I made some sprinkly pancakes for the kids and myself and then I baked! It was a fantastic morning! I baked a chocolate chip cookie pie and then a chocolate birthday cake. The girls were in charge of the icing and decorations. I think they did a fabulous job. 


The key to letting your kids help in the kitchen is to steer them in the right direction but sometimes to look the other way to little spills and messes. This is a big turning point for me since I'm usually the one doing all the baking, decorating and cleaning. Now I have an 8 and 6 year old helping me too and with little hands doing things, most times there are big messes.


But there will be smiles!


How can there not be smiles when you give them a jar of sprinkles and tell them to decorate!?!


And in the end, there's always cake. So there's that too to keep you going and looking the other way.


Relaxing with my little loves, waiting for daddy to return from work.


No picture session is complete without the funny face pictures.


We had a fabulous family dinner at Max Brenner's. If you haven't been and are lucky enough to live near one, I suggest you try it out. Especially if you have kids. And if you love chocolate. Which we all do and hence the happy faces. Perfect restaurant to take kids with a fun atmosphere and an even more fun menu. Everything we had was delicious!

After dinner we went to see The Art of the Brick which was very cool. My girls love Lego's and little man is definitely enjoying hanging out with his sisters when they're building things, so I imagine we have a future Lego lover in him as well. It's a really interesting array of work and up close you really gain such an appreciation for his talent. And patience. A family favorite was the Liberty Bell...of course!


Outside the museum with the people who keep me going...my girls that keep me movin' and groovin'...


and my little man that is just as sweet as can be.


And this guy? He's pretty cool too.  He's a good egg and I'm thankful each day for the love that we have and share with our kids.

Happy Birthday to me!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails