Monday, August 10, 2020

The day began with hot, fresh donuts

I wasn't lying, it began with hot, fresh donuts. That's what the sign said when we were driving by the falls and Anthony pulled into a big shoulder of the road near a wildlife preserve. And there was a tiny little food truck selling "Hot, Fresh Donuts!" Perfect start to the day. 


We drove from Seneca Lake to Keuka Lake to the small lake town of Hammondsport and it was love at first sight for me. Such a sweet town, quaint shops and restaurants and not very busy at all. 



We took a walk through the town, one adorable house after another and found these great painter's palettes throughout town. This was one of my favorite. Of course, a big, red barn. 


The lake was sublime. Just perfect, on a perfect weather day. I could have sat there for hours just staring across this work of art. 


Did I mention that there were antique shops? Another reason I loved this town. 


Oh. And my lunch helped too. Aside from the meat (I'm a vegetarian), it was incredible. My son ate the meat pieces. 


Onto our next and final campground for the trip! But first...tractors and farms! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails