Friday, September 5, 2008

Time well spent

This morning we had to leave our car at the service station for a little bit. I know, it's a new car...what could possibly be wrong? Nothing major, except that when they simonized the car the day we bought it, they accidentally put a chip in the door guard. It wasn't very big, but they were going to fix it for us free of charge. We wouldn't have to spend anything except for the time that it took to complete the work.

So, in the meantime Sofia and I went on a nice walk, window shopped and had a snack together. Our little morning date. Of course, we had to stop in Kid-to-Kid, an incredible children's consignment shop where I have made some pretty decent finds. Well, the second we step inside the store, Sofia starts getting excited, waving her hands and shouting "duckie, duckie, duckie!" I look up in the direction of her pointing little finger to see:





She wouldn't let me put the backpack on her shoulders, but instead she carried him around in a football hold. As we strolled through the store, she would glance down every once in awhile to make sure he hadn't fallen out of her monster grip and say "duckie" in the softest little voice. She was attached the second she held him and those big eyes looked up at me and I knew we weren't leaving without him.

Time from drop-off of vehicle to pick-up after service: 2.5 hours

Number of stores we walked through to make the time go by faster: 8

Yellow Duck Backpack: $3.75

Look on your daughter's face: Priceless!

1 comment:

  1. Sofia, zio Scott loves ducks, and he always asked me to by him a real one and I never did. But nonna will by you one. Just ask.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails