Tuesday, April 2, 2013

1 of 2 birthday celebrations and Grandparent's Day

We always celebrate Palm Sunday with Anthony's family since we are with my family for Easter and this year we decided to also celebrate Sofia's 6th birthday with Anthony's family on Palm Sunday. A very blessed day all around.

When asked what kind of cake she wanted for me to bake her, Sofia said she wanted "chocolate cake, pink frosting, lots of sprinkles and some ponies." Very specific, but very simple for me to put together. I threw in the chocolate Easter bunnies just for a tad more sugar. It was a very colorful cake, just like my 6-year-old.


Singing "Happy Birthday"


Nonno Mario and Nonna Maria with their grandkids


Grandparent's Day was celebrated at Sofia's school during the week and it was very adorable. Sofia had been practicing the songs for the concert for A LONG TIME. But they were very very cute and I didn't mind hearing them. Even 5,789 times. They also made a little craft to give out that day and I just think it's the cutest and will most likely be shown off in the house for a long time.


Grandparent's Day was a celebration of classic American songs and can you guess what Kindergarten sang??? If you guessed "Take me out to the ball game" you are right! Yay! I had to run out earlier in the week to buy a Phillies tee since Mommy isn't into the sport thing too much but she loved it and of course, I got one for Olivia as well. And Olivia's smile couldn't have been any bigger when she saw that morning that she got to wear a shirt like Sofia. Someone loves their big sister so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails