- 3 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp to melt and 1 tbsp to coat pie plate
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 3/4 cup spinach (fresh or frozen shredded)
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.
2. Line bottom of pie plate with cheese and spinach. Combine milk, eggs, butter, flour, onion, and salt. Whisk together until smooth and pour into pie pan.
3. Bake in oven for 35 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
Note: Such a great simple recipe that you can substitute almost anything - sometimes I use freshly grated parmigiano instead of mozzarella, broccoli rather than spinach and definitely add bacon generously. Bacon is my best friend.