Friday, March 29, 2019

My baby turns 12!


Sofia Vincenza turns 12. My baby.

I blinked and here we are. The last year before we say we have a teenager. As much as I try to hold onto moments, they thankfully pile up, leaving our arms heavy and hearts full.


My first born, the first little voice to hear those precious syllables - mama. She made me a mom. I'm so fortunate. Fortunate to have been given this chance to look hard at myself, at the world and decide what's best for my little girl. For now.  I tried to hold her hand through a lot of things but some things she stood her ground and was able to walk ahead, lag behind or skip alongside.


She's been her own little person from the beginning. Showing us who she is through her singing and dancing, waddling around the house in her diapers to picking out own outfits and deciding she needed to wear the straw hat on her own when picking almonds.


She makes me proud with her love for nature and appreciating the beauty in the simple things that lay before us. Picking flowers, feeding birds and appreciating the sunrise right by my side makes me smile from the inside out.


She's brave but in her own time. No one will rush her before she's ready and she'll go kicking and screaming if she has to be heard. She sticks to her opinions and I'm proud to say she'll listen to someone else's point of view, but in her own time.


She has the best loud laugh, a laugh my nonna would love and would have wanted to hear. She can be so helpful and kind and loving and caring and ready to take on everything and anything all at once. She can try my patience. She gives the greatest hugs. She says "I love you mama" at just the right time. 


She is bright and when she puts her mind to something, she blows me away. She loves to read and it makes me proud that on a rainy day her favorite reading spot is my favorite reading spot too. 


She is lovely and she is mine. Buon Compleanno Sofia mia!


1 comment:

  1. To our oldest grandchild: you are the best and we love you so very much! Sofia, God Bless you forever ❤️🙏🏼❤️

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails