Friday, January 12, 2018

some of my favorite things...


I love flowers, all kinds too. Not just the bright and fancy ones. These? They are simple alstroemeria, a traditional filler flower but for the bargain price of $5.99, I got myself a sunny bunch on a much-needed gloomy day. 

Sometimes I'll place a handkerchief under the vase not really protecting the surface but more for a finished look. This one is an antique handkerchief I purchased years ago from a market in Italy. My nonna used to carry a handkerchief on her always and it makes me smile when I see one. I started a small collection years ago but whenever I see them now, I don't necessarily buy them but they do always make me smile. 


I enjoy picking a vase for my flowers and most always go with a vintage glass jar of which I have a decent handful to choose from. Traditional clear or blue mason jars, but this one is special because it was a gift from a friend. She brought it over full of a beautiful arrangement she did herself and then gifted me the jar. I was so excited. It's the little things.


The flowers themselves...a favorite because I enjoy them in the home, their fragrance if they have one, their bright and cheery disposition (yes, flowers can have disposition) and being able to photograph them in different lights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails