Sunday, August 19, 2018

This is 40


I celebrated my 40th birthday this weekend. The weekend began with a day out with the kids to the aquarium, followed by some down time at the pool and then dinner out with a girlfriend celebrating my last dinner in my 30s. I threw in a vinyasa yoga class, some light pampering and dinner out in the city with just us and the kids. I like to celebrate with a wide range of activities.

I have been thinking about this number for awhile. When I was younger and heard of a family friend that turned 40 or was in their 40s, I was always struck by how mature or sophisticated they seemed. Looking within myself, I don't think I'm either all that mature or sophisticated. I suppose just not in the way I define the word at least. I think I need a new definition of those words.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails