Tuesday, December 18, 2018

5 years ago

My little love turns 5 today. A whole hand. And I can not believe it. I find myself saying that with every milestone. How are we here already, wasn't it just yesterday, why is the clock moving much too fast?

5 years ago today a little man came into our lives and stole our hearts.


We held him in our arms and breathed in his sighs. We snuggled him in, never wanting to let go.


We were in awe of this new life that nestled so perfectly into our rhythm.


We fell in love all over again.


Another little person to hold and love.


We named him Mario.


I treasure each memory of his first days, not knowing who he would become. What his personality would be, his likes and dislikes. The way he grasped our fingers, his dark brown eyes staring into our faces figuring out who we were too.


"Let him sleep, for when he wakes he will move mountains" 
A quote I would grow to love and repeat to myself often when thinking of my little boy. 


We learned how his sisters just knew how to love him the instant they met him. How they would respond to a little person in the home, in their lives. The smiles he reserves just for his two big sisters is hard to describe but the feeling is mutual and the three of them have a love all their own. 



The men in his life and how they would and continue to encourage him in all he does. Their love has helped him grow to 5 years old and filled both his spirit as well as their own.



My little man, Mario Luca. How I love his laugh, his cuddles and his stubbornness. He amazes me daily.


His love for his family is intense. He knows when to give a hug and ask for one too.


Buon Compleanno my little love. 5 glorious years of Mario Luca, how lucky we are.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails