Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Trip down memory lane...

Well, here it is. I told myself I wasn't going to do it but I decided to go ahead and pull at my heartstrings anyway. Italy. Our annual summer trip was cancelled this year, as were the plans and events of millions all over the world. Something we have done for many years and due to the pandemic couldn't be fulfilled this summer. There are worse things and I'm beyond thankful for all the memories made in the past. So fortunate really.

Today marks the first day of the festival. THE festival. La Festa della Madonna del Carmine. Plenty of links on this blog to follow in the journey through this special holiday in Mesagne. July 15, 16 and 17 full of festivities that include processions, music, lights, food, carnival rides and the whole town dressed up for these special days. A few days of complete happiness and merriment in town. Not there in body this year, but there in mind and spirit.

Looking through these made me happy.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails