Friday, March 28, 2008

Croc it to me



It's not quite flip-flop season here in Pennsylvania, but I was in search of an easy on/off shoe for all the running around I do with Sofia. I had received a $30 gift card to Lord & Taylor and literally walked around the store for an hour trying to find something to buy (this is how removed I have become from shopping for myself). I happened across the Croc's stand and started trying them on.

When they first came out and were sold only in the mall kiosks, I thought they were pretty ugly. They do come in some fun colors, but I couldn't justify paying $30 for a pair of colorful garden shoes (especially since I am so far from having a green thumb). But here I was, years later, trying them on with my $30 gift card in hand and call it what you will - momentary loss of focus or whatever - but I walked out of L&T with a pair of black mary jane crocs.

It's only been one week since that fateful day but I have them on non-stop when out of the house. Super comfortable, easy to take on and off when holding an almost one-year-old, a diaper bag and the grocery shopping for the week. Would I have bought them if I didn't have that gift card? Probably not, I would have walked right by them like I have been for the past few years and bought something that I may not have needed and returned later anyway. But it was a splurge, well as much as a splurge a free gift card can be, and I am happy with my purchase.

I did come across a very hysterical blog about Crocs and call me a hypocrite for owning a pair now, but I couldn't help but laugh at the title of the blog and some of their posts. While I still think some of the styles and colors are hideous, mine are cute, easy and, as I mentioned earlier, comfortable (so far). And you can't beat free.

1 comment:

  1. I own myself a very hideoous pair of baby blue ones with no holes. They were free too though, a gift, so that is my excuse. man, arr they confy though!!

    I love yours!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails