Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Thanksgiving...came and went


I really do enjoy Thanksgiving. I love the build up with the changing colors of the leaves, the fall decor and of course, the Thanksgiving meal. I feel though as if it just flies right by us. One minute we're stuffing our faces with Halloween candy or donating it to where ever to just get it out of the house and the next we're carving a turkey. Well, someone's carving a turkey and in my case it's my dad. I have yet to carve a turkey. 

Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving Special was something I enjoyed watching as a kid with my brother and thankfully it's something my kids do as well. Or else would it be weird if I were just watching it all by myself, eating popcorn and jelly beans. I don't even like popcorn or jelly beans. 

I have loved the kids' Thanksgiving shows at school and this year marks Mario's turn to shine. And shine he did. He spotted me in the crowd right away and I got an "I love you" in sign language - it's a thing we do and it melts me every time he calls my name and I turn around to him signing "I love you" to me. This kid. I love him. 


We are in Maryland for Thanksgiving and these kids together are the funniest. Gianna will be right there with them next year when she's not 5 months old and running around like crazy with the rest of them. I love the long table, the constant filling of plates and glasses and naturally, the leftovers. Well, for like a day and then I'm done.


Mom wanted a nice family picture. Thanks Mason. Bored with us already? I still love this picture. Reminds of all the times my parents wanted a nice picture of our family when we were younger and Scott ALWAYS made faces. Apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.


And this is the weekend I always take our Christmas card photos. My parents live near gorgeous farm land and random red wooden sheds, so it's perfect for me. My kids favorite part is when I let them get away with making funny faces. Oh, I bribe alright too...chocolate for everyone when we're done! But I let them do the funny face because it's their favorite.


My sweet kids.



This guy has it made.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails