Monday, February 12, 2018

Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Muffins


Everything but the kitchen sink. Sort of. That's what it felt like looking through some recipes on my goto Pinterest. I wanted a simple Oat Muffin recipe for a grab and go during weekday mornings. Banana bread is a favorite in the house and not only because I add chocolate chips to the recipe. I'd like to think we all genuinely enjoy them regardless of chocolate - although it never hurts to add mini chocolate chips to any muffin or bread recipe. But I wanted a muffin recipe and I love oats so I wanted an Oats Muffin recipe. Shouldn't be too difficult right?

Wrong. There are hundreds of them. So, I went to the nearest one and adjusted some things and Voila! Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Muffins. I have to say that I loved them, my friend also loved them, but my family...not so much, I think the oats through them off. Back to the drawing board to find something they would like.

But for a simple breakfast treat for those on-the-go mornings...

Ingredients:

  • 2 eggs
  • 1 4oz serving of unsweetened applesauce
  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats 
  • 1 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Directions: 

  1. Preheat your oven to 350ºF and place muffin liners in a 12 muffin pan. 
  2. In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs and then whisk in the applesauce, bananas, sugar, vanilla, baking powder, baking sod and oats. Mix until combined being careful not to overmix. 
  3. Slowly stir in the flour until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips, saving some to sprinkle on top.
  4. Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups filling about 3/4 full. Sprinkle on more chocolate chips - this is a must. I love chocolate and they look pretty. 
  5. Bake for 20 minutes. you'll know they're done when a you insert a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean. Allow to cool about 5 minutes in muffin pan and then remove to cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
  6. Enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails