Thursday, February 1, 2018

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies


I realize you shouldn't mess with perfection. After trying out many (many, many, many) different recipes for chocolate chip cookies, I finally settled on one that was perfect. I haven't tried a different chocolate chip cookie recipe since and everyone in the house vouch on them being the best there is and I make them often.

BUT. I like oatmeal. A lot. And wanted to give oatmeal cookies a go. But I also love chocolate and so rather than take a whole recipe for just oatmeal cookies I decided to combine my two loves.

Well, three this morning I guess if you count in my little baking assistant. Yes, his hand was stirring very quickly as to the blur in the photo. No oats or chocolate chips were hurt in the process.


Easily enough, I just made some adjustments to the Williams Sonoma recipe to incorporate the oats.



Ingredients: 

1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, microwaved room temp. butter for 15 seconds
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup old-fashioned oats

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until blended. Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Then add the oats and mix again with the blender. I use a wooden spoon to incorporate the chocolate chips.

I use my hands to mound out the cookie dough and roll into balls, spacing each a couple inches apart to allow for spread. 

Bake the cookies for about 11-13 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.

Buon Appetito! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails