Sunday, March 11, 2018

Surrounded by flowers


A favorite memory of mine when I was younger are the car rides we would take with our parents. While living in Italy or in America, I love looking back on those rides and where they led us. Sometimes to a museum in Baltimore or Washington DC or sometimes to the winter beach along the Ionian Sea. My brother and I in the back seat, him playing with his G.I.Joe's and talking up a storm and me looking out the window and tattle-tailing on my brother whenever he touched me. It is a good memory to reflect back on and one that I continue with my own children.

One of my favorite things to do on a glorious laid-back weekend morning is to get everyone suited up and ready to "see what there is to see." See what there is to see is a line from a favorite song of Jack Johnson and I love using it on our "adventures." Sometimes they will ask a thousand times, give or take, where are we going and if we're there yet. Sometimes I have an idea in mind where we're off to and others, we'll get there when we get there. Meaning, I'll know it when I see it. I tell everyone to go to the bathroom, grab a snack and let's go. Of course, I grab my camera too.


This weekend's little adventure found us in Kennett Square which is apparently the mushroom capital OF THE WORLD. Who knew? A farm we passed by was closed but there was a sign nearby that welcomed visitors to a greenhouse. Fresh cut flowers. Win. It didn't fail me at all. I loved it from the second I stepped in. We were excited at the heat inside and marveled at the flowers on display. The owner couldn't have been kinder and more proud of his greenhouse.




What a gem to happen upon and I could have easily spent more time chatting with the owner. Definitely be going back to this perfect little accidental adventure find.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails