Sunday, April 29, 2018

Olivia Maria's First Holy Communion


Olivia celebrated her First Holy Communion yesterday and from beginning to end, it was a truly splendid day. My girl was just so happy and her cheeks must have ached last night from all the smiling she did all day long. 


I adore the details on the dress and she was so excited to wear it. Finally her turn she said. 


She took the celebration of mass so seriously and I watched her as she followed along in the readings and sang throughout the mass. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Which is probably why I cried during most of the mass. From seeing her walk in the entrance with her classmates and then my dad being a part of the ceremony...no dry eyes for an hour.


So happy my dad was able to be such a big part of her special day. He was announced by Monsignor that a relative of Olivia's would be lending a hand, he read the Gospel and he even was able to give Olivia her very first communion. Talk about special. 


After the mass we took about a hundred photos outside the church and then went on to party! 




Olivia has three Godparents...Uncle Jay, my cousin Daniel and one of my first friends I met in America, Aunt Katie who was at her nephew's communion the same day. She was with us in heart and spirit. 


I can't explain how much I just wanted the day to be special for Olivia. She is so kind, has such a good heart and always so sweet to everyone she meets. A perfect sunny day for my little ray of sunshine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails