Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Ciao summer

Today was our last day of summer vacation when all three would be together with me. The girls begin their new school year tomorrow and for a few more days it will be just my little man and I until he also begins his new school year next week. It is so bittersweet for me saying goodbye to summer.

I am saying goodbye to our summer adventures. We are so thankful that we had many. 7 weeks in Italy followed by a month at home of a very nice schedule of friends and family, lounging in the morning, quiet afternoons and late nights.  I, who enjoy routine, loved this approach to our last month before the school year swings in and whisks us away.


I found time for each of the kids today to take a photo and have a heart-to-heart. Just a quick snap on my phone and a little conversation side-by-side. It was so meaningful to me. We talked about our summer and some of our favorite moments. We brought up the year ahead and what we were excited about.

We hit a reset button today. Summer and all of its wonderful moments are forever captured in our hearts. It was good to us and will always be something to look back on and reminisce about during the school year ahead. We're looking forward to new school days, new challenges and overcoming any obstacles. Appreciating what we can and can not do and learning.

Ciao summer, it's been real nice and we're going to miss you. Thanks for the memories and there's lots more to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails