Sunday, June 28, 2009

Olivia's Baptism


Yesterday we celebrated Olivia's Baptism and it truly was an incredible day. We were surrounded by family and friends all day long and we are genuinely honored to have had them all there.

It all started out the night before when BOTH girls slept wonderfully - hooray for a good night's sleep before a big day! Olivia slept through most of the day, like the good little 6-week-old that she is and didn't so much as stir when passed from one person to the next.

My dad performed the ceremony at our church and did a fantastic job - he has now baptized both of his grand-daughters! Anthony and I chose two godmothers for Olivia, my cousin Daniela who is the closest thing I have to a sister and my good friend Katie, one of my first friends as a child. We chose one of Anthony's closest friends, Jay, as the godfather who was also the best man in our wedding. Many of our close friends and family were able to attend the ceremony and we couldn't have asked for a better group to witness our second child's first sacrament into the church.

Here are just a few pictures from the ceremony:








2 comments:

  1. Anthony and Lisa we are very proud of you, and we love you very much. Keep up the good work.
    God Bless you. Sofia and Olivia, nonna Lisa and nonno Nick love you soooooo much. We had a wonderful day. Family and friends are the best thing to treasure and to keep for ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an amazing experience! Thank you for including me and for allowing me to be Olivia's Godmother:) Love you guys and give Sofia and Olivia a huge hug and smooch for me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails