Thursday, December 22, 2011

Jingle all the way...to Maryland

We had a quick visit to Maryland earlier this week to spend some extra pre-Christmas time with the family. My mom loves the holidays, especially Christmas, and any time she has to share in the joy of it with her grandchildren, she loves. And the girls love it too! Sofia was upset that it was only one night, but when I explained to her that it was better than 0 nights, she stopped whining.

There was fun in the kitchen, listening to Christmas songs and playing under the tree and our annual trip to Lights on the Bay outside Annapolis. I forgot my camera when we went to see the lights. I know, I'm serious. I don't bring my camera to something...Wow! But my mom was happy to snap some pictures on her phone and share them with me. The girls loved the drive through Sandy Point State Park and taking in all the Christmas displays. Later we stopped in at my brother and sister-in-law's house for a visit with Chase.





There was more baking the following morning and then off to see some friends and their horses. First time meeting them (the horses, not our friends) and the girls were not impressed. Beautiful, gorgeous animals but I think the size of them really through them off. That and they snorted at them once and it was all over. As Sofia put it later "they're not small like my toy horses." Maybe they'll warm up to them.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails