Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My 5 year old Sofia


Sofia's been five for just under a month and I still can't come to terms with having a five-year-old. It sounds so old. Which means I'm getting old...er.

I'm not hung up on the idea of getting older, god willing it's inevitable. But it just takes me a second or two to wrap my head around being my age and having my children at their ages and reminding myself that I am an adult and not 16 anymore. Which is how I feel sometimes. Mentally not physically.

I'm loving what 5 has brought us in just these past few weeks...more understanding of things going on around her, more questions of things she doesn't understand and with that, her own little hypotheses thrown in here and there and adding "I'm 5 now, so I can do..." insert whatever thing we just told her she can't do yet. The last one just makes me laugh. Sometimes anyway.

All of this is just a reminder (isn't everything a reminder) of how lucky I am to have a five-year-old and to be able to be with her each day and watch her grow. Love that little girl of mine that made me a mommy.


1 comment:

  1. I know just what you mean! 5 seems so big. Big fast changes coming this year. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails