Friday, May 18, 2012

Field trip to the petting farm


Sofia had her last preschool field trip this week to a petting farm nearby. We've been to petting zoos before and while Sofia likes to feed the animals, she isn't a fan of picking them up or getting too close to them for that matter either. But she was excited to go and I was excited to be able to go with her and her schoolmates.

Bunnies, pot-bellied pigs and goats! Oh my! Sofia did a decent job of getting close enough to the pony to brush him and fed the goats their hay and bunnies their carrots with no problem. She loves horses - books about horses anyway - but there was no way I could get her to take a pony ride. She's going to have to really warm up to that idea on her own I think.






Her teachers were great about being involved with the kids and showing them there was nothing to be afraid of, but still no pony ride for Sofia.



Seriously, how cute is this little guy? By the time we left, I think all the bunnies had had their fill of carrots AND little preschoolers holding them.


Time for a little hayride around the farm. Not enough room for all the parents though. Oh well.


I can't get over how long Sofia's hair is getting. Which means the time to cut and donate is almost here!!!




Sweet little 5-year-olds. The same girls from her class last year together one last time on a field trip before the end of the year.



Sofia looks like she's ready to go and my hair is beyond frizzing out from the incredible humidity. Definitely time to go home but glad I was able to get at least one picture of my little girl and I on the field trip.


1 comment:

  1. So fun!! I don't know what you are talking about - your hair looks incredible! I was thinking as I looked at the pics that I wondered when Sofia's hair cut was going to be - soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails