Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mother's Tea


Fantastic morning! Anthony so graciously took the morning off of work so he could take Sofia to school and take Olivia to her music class. This way I was left with a whole hour to get myself ready for Sofia's preschool Mother's Tea. It was so adorable. The kids were incredible and I thought the teachers really did such a wonderful job for the event. Really made the moms feel special. Not too many dry eyes in the room, that was for sure.


Songs with dances, bible verses recited by memory (thank you Anthony for helping Sofia memorize hers - it was a surprise to the moms), and a very special declaration to the morning as well. Each student got in the middle of their circle group and while looking at their mama, told them what they loved about them. So sweet. I mean, like tissue-grabbing sweet. Sofia's was "I love my mommy because she gave me a birthday." Whether she meant birthday party or just a birth-day, I don't know, but it was so meaningful just the same.



Sofia recites her verse without missing a beat.


Snack time! Can you tell she was excited? About the morning event AND brownies with powdered sugar in the shape of flowers!

 
She made her placemat, my plate, the jewelry box, a number of art and craft project to bring home and gave me a flower. Such a fabulous morning for this mama!


me and my girl...love that face!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails