Saturday, September 14, 2013

Last Weekend


I realize we are halfway through this current weekend but I did take pictures of our past weekend and wanted to share anyway.

We are into September and the weather last weekend was so perfect for starting to think about Fall. Which I have been doing now for at least a month. Time to break out the Fall decor, pumpkin and apple recipes and open windows 24/7. I love it!

Sofia and I made the crafty pumpkin above...a styrofoam pumpkin from the dollar store, some mod podge and epsom salt. I put the mod podge on and let Sofia just go at it with the epsom salt and that is exactly what she did. Which is why it looks more like snowy pumpkin than a barely-there glittery pumpkin. I did brush some off after taking the picture because pretty much anytime you looked at it there was salt coming off allover.


And while I baked up some pumpkin bread, Anthony and the girls started a 1000 piece puzzle.


Lunch was delicious...Creamy Spinach Pasta!


And later Saturday evening we took the girls to a nearby carnival for some fun...


Daddy had fun too!


They love the rides!

Afterwards we tried out a new pizza place and of course topped off dinner with ice cream!


It was a perfect family weekend from start to finish. And a great way to begin the school year, making some last end-of-summer and kicking-off-Fall memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails