Monday, October 5, 2015

cookies and basil


I had a pretty productive weekend. A little bit of relaxing, a couple movies with the family, cooking, baking, prepping for the week ahead, parades and ponies. Well, just one pony, no plural. But there was definitely a pony so I had to add that to my weekend.

But the cookies thing was definitely a hit with the girls, me included. I had plenty of frozen over-ripe bananas and didn't feel like making banana bread. We love it around here but wanted to try something new. Googled some idea of over-ripe bananas and found this little gem. Oh my goodness EASY and TASTY! Who doesn't want that? She calls for two ingredients (mashed bananas and oats) which is what I did and then added in mini chocolate chips. Chocolate makes everything better. But the list is endless of what you could add: raisins, sunflower seeds, chopped walnuts, coconut, etc.

Ingredients:

2-3 mashed bananas
1 cup oats
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Dash of cinnamon 

Directions:

Set oven to 350 degrees F and place parchment paper on baking sheets.
Combine ingredients and using a tablespoon, plop down rounded cookies onto baking sheet.
Cook for 15 minutes, until browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Your kitchen will smell amazing!

Enjoy! 


I also had an abundance of basil on my porch pot and with the awful rainy weather we had I was worried about my plant succumbing to the heavy rain and wind. Trimmed the stalks and brought them in to pluck and freeze. I did rinse them first and blotted with a towel. A quick freeze and then added to baggies to hopefully enjoy throughout the Fall and Winter.

Another amazing aroma for the kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails