Thursday, October 1, 2015

Polignano a Mare, Puglia


Places do not get more spectacular than the coastal town of Polignano a Mare in the Province of Bari. One minute we're driving along the Adriatic, going through bustling towns and then all of a sudden our view turns to pure magic. From the road we knew it was going to be amazing but once you get right on top of it all, you're just rewarded hundredfold.


It honestly took everything to not just jump right in. I mean, wouldn't you want to?


And then the old city looks like this around every turn. I think I may have found another favorite city to add to my list of places that make my heart happy.


And my girls just loved it too. It was a hot morning the day we visited and they were amazing through each little alley and alcove we found that we had to explore. Of course, promise of gelato always ensures those winning smiles too!


And this...this is truly incredible. There's a whole alley devoted to beautiful graffiti. I loved it!

I may have to return one day to add a favorite line or poem too.


My girl was excited to find a Shakespeare quote. She did a project in 2nd grade and chose William Shakespeare. This also made my heart very happy.


I'd like one of each please. The pottery in Italy is incredible. Not only can you get lucky sometimes and witness the artisans at work firsthand, but it's just beautifully crafted and decorated. I wanted to buy it all up!


Ciao Polignano a Mare per adesso! We'll be back for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails