Monday, October 17, 2016

A visit to Atlanta


My girlfriend moved a few years ago and I am so happy to say that I just went to visit her and her family in the fabulous city of Atlanta, Georgia! What a fun city and what fun her and I had over the weekend. So thankful for good friends, good times and my camera to hang onto good memories.

Atlanta is filled with art and one of my favorite kinds - street art. Graffiti, storefront decor, random recycled art under an overpass looking into your soul. You know the kind. Chances are if you've been to a big US city, you have been privileged to fill your mind and soul with some pretty cool stuff.

Just like I did this past weekend.


The Beltline is a very popular attraction in Atlanta. It circles the city and is a means to connect all the different communities that encompass this city. Miles to walk, run, bike, skate, around the city and take in the art, neighborhoods, restaurants, parks, shops and more. We walked a bit of it my first evening there and I loved it.

We happened upon this sweet little turtle family too.


We took in the Chihuly exhibit at the Atlantic Botanical Gardens. An awesome space of nature and modern glass exhibit speckled throughout the bushes, trees and flowers. It was amazing!




I took my very first Flywheel class which was exhausting but completely exhilarating and a great workout. My legs felt like jello stepping down from the bike after 45 minutes of some serious pedaling. We did some serious eating this weekend so it felt great to add a studio class to all the walking we did too. 


And speaking of eating...this place was incredible. Located in Little Five Points, Wrecking Par Brewpub did not only offer very cool decor but I had the best grilled cheese sandwich ever AND tried boiled peanuts for the first time.


It's a southern thing...boiled peanuts. Delicious!




We took the elevator up 72 floors to the Sun Dial Restaurant located in the Westin to catch this view. So glad we did too. We spent a good bit of time out there taking it all in.


An amazing time in a new-to-me city visiting my girlfriend. Shopping, eating, gardens, walking, cycling, time spent with her beautiful family, art festival, more eating and more walking. Perfection.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails