Monday, November 17, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookie Test - take 134




I have tried MANY chocolate chip cookie recipes in the last few years. Some are soft and chewy, others smaller than normal and others very large. Some are made with more white sugar than brown sugar, others more butter, baking powder vs baking soda, etc. You get the picture, they all vary just a bit. All have been really good, according to my taste-testers but I think we found the perfect ones!

Aptly named - The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe from Williams-Sonoma. Behold, the cookie that brings together all in one cookie what my family deems most important in a chocolate chip cookie. Sofia and Olivia like LOTS of chocolate. I like them to be chewy while Anthony likes a little crunch to his cookie. Mario hasn't weighed in yet since I didn't let him try them.

I changed the recipe just a smidge and I honestly think I don't need to try out any more chocolate chip cookie recipes. This is it. My quest is over and I can move onto other things. Like maybe doing laundry now or dusting my house.


The PERFECT Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients: 
1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
6 Tbs. white sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2  cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips 

What to do:
Preheat the oven to 350°F Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. In a larger bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugars until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix on low speed until blended. Slowly add the flour mixture and mix just until combined. Using a wooden spoon, gradually add the chocolate chips to the mix.

I used a tablespoon to scoop and drop dough onto the baking sheets. Don't place too close together because these do spread a bit.

Bake the cookies, 11-13 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned. Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Makes 30 cookies exactly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails