Sunday, July 27, 2008

Happy Little Traveler

After arriving in Philadelphia Airport 3 hours prior to departure, an 8 hour flight, a 4 hour layover in Rome Airport and then another 1.5 hour flight to Brindisi Airport, you can probably imagine a pretty cranky 15-month-old and a very tired almost-30-year-old. Thanks to very accommodating flight attendants Sofia and I were able to score our own seats. Actually, in our section of the plane there were about 15 seats available and the attendants were also able to give my brother an extra seat as well - my guess is with the dollar being so high flights to Europe are not going to be as full as usual for awhile.

But I had planned ahead anyway and packed enough books, snacks and other distraction items so that travel would be as painless as possible for all of us. After arriving in Rome, we let her walk around and burn some energy while my mom grabbed an espresso and Antonio and I downed 2 bottles each of succo di frutta alla pera (pear fruit juice) - my all-time favorite growing up in Italy. Once we did arrive in Mesagne, Sofia said hi to the neighbors, ate her dinner and fell asleep at 7pm. She didn't move a muscle until 730am the next morning.

My little traveling buddy after a good night's rest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails