Sunday, March 6, 2011

Blueberry Cake


I love blueberries and I love cake. So, I'm not sure why did it took me so long to make this recipe, but it did. I've had it in my recipe collection for a couple years now just being ignored. That situation was remedied Friday afternoon when I just had a craving for some blueberry dessert. It was fairly simple, didn't take long and the result was delicious. I think next time I may try to make some sort of crumble topping for it, but other than that I thought it was perfect.

Ingredients: 

  • 1 2/3 c. flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/3 c. butter, softened
  • 3/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 c. milk
  • 1 1/2 c. fresh blueberries

Directions: 
  1. Heat oven to 375 degrees and grease an 8 or 9 inch glass pan. 
  2. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. 
  3. In a medium bowl, combine the butter and sugar with a mixer at high speed for about a minute. 
  4. Add the egg to the butter/sugar mix and beat together with a mixer for about 2 minutes until mixture is smooth. 
  5. Slowly add the flour mixture and the milk to the sugar mixture, mixing until all well combined. Stir in the blueberries. 
  6. The batter with be lumpy and you will have to scrape it into the greased pan. Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes. 
  7. Serve warm or at room temperature. Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails