I love blueberries and I love cake. So, I'm not sure why did it took me so long to make this recipe, but it did. I've had it in my recipe collection for a couple years now just being ignored. That situation was remedied Friday afternoon when I just had a craving for some blueberry dessert. It was fairly simple, didn't take long and the result was delicious. I think next time I may try to make some sort of crumble topping for it, but other than that I thought it was perfect.
- 1 2/3 c. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. butter, softened
- 3/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c. milk
- 1 1/2 c. fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and grease an 8 or 9 inch glass pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter and sugar with a mixer at high speed for about a minute.
- Add the egg to the butter/sugar mix and beat together with a mixer for about 2 minutes until mixture is smooth.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and the milk to the sugar mixture, mixing until all well combined. Stir in the blueberries.
- The batter with be lumpy and you will have to scrape it into the greased pan. Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Buon Appetito!