Monday, March 7, 2011

Another book worm in the family


Olivia loves to read just as much as her big sister does. The last couple days she's been carrying around The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle and has asked for that at bedtime often. She'll still flip through the little board books from time to time, but I think she's taking more of a liking to the paperback books. It might be because she sees Sofia, her idol, leafing through those now all the time, but it could also be that she's just ready to move onto older books. I'm not putting the board books away though, still makes me feel like I have a little baby in the house.

As for me, I'm about to start up Little Women but this time I'm going to read it on the Kindle. Doubt it will change how I feel about that book, but I've been wanting to read another oldie but goodie lately. For book club this coming week, we were to read Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier which was a new read for me. I finished it within 2 weeks and meant to rent the Alfred Hitchcock adaptation but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll just have to add it to my growing list of things I want to do. And speaking of lists...to keep up with my ever-growing list of books to read, I was introduced to goodreads not too long ago and love it! Perfect site to keep me in check in the book world. 

2 comments:

  1. You have me wanting to pull out Little Woman now!! I think I might start that one up today too!! Ya know, my brother, sister and I were named after the girls in that book: Amy, Meg, Joe and the beth went into my middle name :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome your parents named you all after the characters...I love it! It's such a great one and I haven't read it in forever.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails