Tuesday, June 21, 2011

the popsicle, a sure sign of summer


We get very excited to hear the sounds of the ice cream truck passing in our neighborhood. And by we, I do mean ALL of us. There's jumping up and down, shouts of "Yippee!" and running around in circles throughout our home. And that's just from Anthony!

Sofia has incredible hearing. Sometimes it's so good, it scares me a little. The radio will be on, Olivia will be playing with some loud toy or just singing to herself, I'll be in the kitchen banging pots and pans around (did you really think I cooked in there?) and she'll come running up to me to tell me of the ice cream truck's arrival.

We only really get to him half of the time since my wallet is never nearby and I can't catch him in time anyway. I thought they were supposed to drive slow through a neighborhood! Who knew I should be training for his event?!  Call it mom guilt or whatever, but it makes me feel SO bad.  But, because all 4 of us have such a sweet tooth when it comes to ice cream, we always have a stash in the freezer. Yippee! It's not the same to Sofia, I get why it's not too, but it makes me feel a little better I have something to console her with.

2 comments:

  1. How cool to see Sofia wearing her Bracelet she made at school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Bell - she wears it A LOT and tells everyone where she made it too. Luckily, we have the card you sent home to remind us of what the colors signify.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails