Tuesday, November 5, 2013
With having just celebrated Halloween, it's only natural that with two trick-or-treaters we have an over abundance of candy in the house. Chocolate, we all like and will go through, but the hard, sticky, chewy stuff isn't for us so off to the donation bin at the girls' school it went. Now we can enjoy the rest of the yummy chocolate-y goodness that are Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (my favorite), Snickers (daddy's favorite) and Kit Kat bars and Hershey Bars (the girl's favorites). AND m&ms. Goodness did we receive a ton of m&ms this year!
So Olivia and I did what any good baker would do and use up every last m&m in those tiny little bags and made homemade delicious m&m sugar cookies! Delish!
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
m&ms, we used about 1 1/2 cups worth from the little bags
What to do:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In large bowl, cream sugars and butter together until completely combined. In a smaller bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
3. Begin blending flour mixture into butter mix adding egg and vanilla one at a time and mixing well in between.
4. Stir in m&ms and mix well.
5. Drop by tablespoon-fulls onto parchment paper lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
Enjoy the smiles your family will give you once they bite into one!