Monday, May 4, 2015
I love Pinterest. Say it often. You come across little gems like these...Brownie Mix Cookies. Not one to pass up on "easy" and "tasty" as far as recipes for the family go, I tried these out this weekend and received many rounds of applause, pats on the back and big chocolate-y smiles. Ok, the applause and pats didn't happen but there were plenty of smiles.
I've starting using a very simple homemade brownie recipe (also found on Pinterest) but I had a box of Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate box mix in the pantry and decided to go with that since the original poster used a box mix too. I tweaked the original recipe a bit, just added 2 tablespoons of water. They came out delicious! I made them on the slightly large size so they needed 11-12 minutes in the oven.
What you need:
3 Tbs all-purpose flour
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 Tbs water
What you do:
1. Set oven to 350 degrees and place parchment paper on baking sheets.
2. In a large bowl combine brownie mix and flour, give a good mix through.
3. In a smaller bowl add oil, eggs and water and stir to combine.
4. Add liquid mix to dry mix and stir well.
5. I used a tablespoon to make golf ball sized batter balls on the cookie sheet. Bake for 11-12 minutes and allow to cool slightly on cookie sheet before moving to a wire rack.
Made 2 dozen brookies. Which in this house means they'll be gone by tomorrow night!