Monday, May 15, 2017

8 is great!


Before going to bed last night, Olivia says that she cannot believe she'll be 8 tomorrow, that the year since she turned 7 went so fast. And it really did. They really do go by so quickly. It seems that in a blink we went from Friday, May 15, 2009 to Monday, May 15, 2017 and my Olivia is 8 years old.


And I couldn't ask for a better 8 year old little girl. I'm not sure if luck has anything to do with it really either. This girl rocks! She's the sweetest kid, always ready to lend a hand whether it be with her baby brother or helping with a chore. These days she wants to be a scientist/artist/chef and I love calling her my little engineer because if there is something that needs figuring out or some problem needs to be solved, she is right there to assist however she can.


She's pensive, takes her time making her mind up as if she's really weighing the pros and cons from what to wear to what to eat to what shape the cloud looks like to her. She loves asking the most random questions and I have a list going that I try to keep as up to date as possible because I can't get enough of her questions like "I wonder what an ant's foot looks like?"

She is my sweetheart, always ready with a hug, a snuggle or grabbing my hand still to walk alongside me connected at the fingertips. She's playful, this girl loves being outdoors running, jumping, hiding, seeking - you name it, if there is fun to be had she wants to join in or start a game up.
There is no other like her and I am so proud of the little lady she is turning into. Her giggle makes my heart smile, her smile lights up my life and personality is all her own and unique in every way. My sweet girl turns 8 today and I'm so very happy to wish her the happiest of days and all the sunshine and moonbeams this world can offer her.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails