Saturday, December 16, 2017

a perfect winter morning


My girls and I have been spending an hour a weekend on Italian lessons and usually we treat ourselves to these lessons at Starbucks. We had gorgeous snow last night and I wanted to get out to take pictures this morning so I decided to take our Starbuck and Italian lessons on the road.

"And into the forest I go to lose my mind and find my soul"


It was cold, that's for certain but the drive to my favorite park, the walk in the snow under the trees and listening to the girls remark about nature made my heart swell. We saw animal footprints in the snow, shook some snow off tree branches and laughed as we were coated in it, remarked on the frozen pond and tried to make snowballs. Sofia forgot her gloves and the snow wasn't great for packing snowballs. 


We even got some Italian in there too. The girls have been great about our lessons and while it's structured, we still have fun with it since it's something I want them to appreciate. 



The morning really was just splendid. The cold air and the snow chilling our toes didn't hinder us from enjoying Mother Nature and one another.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails