Thursday, December 7, 2017

Putting the fa-la-la-la-la in Christmas


These kids are so excited about Christmas being here. No worries, you still have time, technically it's not here for a couple more weeks (18 days to be exact) but to them, every day after we've put the tree up, strung the lights, decorated the house, it's Christmas to them. From our darling Elf Bert making his big arrival to the activity advent calendar being hung, these little elves in the making know how to celebrate this holiday.


Christmas books galore - so thankful they love books. My 10-year-old still loves sitting in the living room, turning on the lights and reading one after another. Younger siblings follow in her lead wonderfully.


And this guy. My little man. Aside from his 1st Christmas in which he was only 7 days old and not really in the Christmas spirit unless you count me nursing him by the light of the Christmas tree. But this guy has just gotten more excited about Christmas and the last few years I've said this is going to be great for him. But then the next Christmas comes and it's even better. He helped me decorate the first day while the girls were still at school and everything coming out of the Christmas bins was so fun for him and he has to inspect it, see if it made noise, see how it sparkled. I loved every second of decorating with him.


He's a fan of the Christmas books too and I'm already planning on taking him with me next week to get a new Christmas book for our collection. One of our favorites is Strega Nona (we spell it Nonna, sorry Tomie dePaola) along with many many others. Always helps to throw in the Italian Christmas books. 


My girls have their Christmas Party coming up soon for piano and they have been practicing their Christmas selections. EVERY.DAY. I'm kidding, I love it. I love Christmas music from December 1st through the day on the 25th. I'll hold onto it through New Year's if I'm asked but I'm generally ready for the music to stop at that point. There is only so much someone can take of Bing Crosby and Mariah Carey Christmas carols.


I do love the lights at Christmas time. I love taking the kids for a ride to see the decorated homes, one of my favorite activities on our advent calendar. I love that we have a great neighborhood of festive people and a simple ride down our street with Christmas music blaring in the car, can bring great big smiles to their faces. 


I love the lights in the house and how I catch my kids marveling at them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails