Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"Mommy has ashes on head"



Sofia and I went to mass this morning for Ash Wednesday. During breakfast, brushing teeth and getting changed I was telling her that she was going to get the sign of the cross on her head with some ashes. Of course, she had no clue what ashes were prior to the mass, but she was excited nonetheless.

As soon as we got in line to receive the ashes, Sofia started staring at everyone's head that received ashes before us and the look in her eyes was pure amazement. I was holding her and received mine first and I wasn't sure whether she was going to try to grab the lady's hand from my head or she was going to grab the bowl of ashes. The walk to the car and the drive home was a constant string of "Mommy has ashes on head." As soon as we got home, I took her in front of the mirror so she could see herself and she was through the roof excited "Fia has ashes too!" Such a little cutie!

Now I need to think about what I'm going to give up for the next 40 days...my old standby of chocolate is out of the question since it would be impossible this year. The baby likes chocolate too much to deprive him or her of it!

3 comments:

  1. You could always give up smoking and drinking since you do so much of that these days (LOL). Or how about giving up crack... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that literally had me laughing out load and for as little sleep as I got last night, thank you so much! I used to give up soda since I rarely drink it anyway it wasn't so hard. I tried the chocolate several years and only made it through 1 or 2 times. I'll need to think about it some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I could brighten your day a little bit :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails