Monday, September 10, 2012

My baby is going to preschool

Today was Olivia's first look at preschool. An hour long orientation meeting her teachers, seeing her classroom, listening to some rules, singing 2 songs, having a book read to them and coloring a picture. All with me right by her side. I loved it. From the moment they woke up this morning, Olivia was all about "today is preschool, can I put my dress on now, is it time to go, let's go mama!" Over and over. And over again. It was beyond cute. Sofia still has another day before Kindergarten so she was right there along side her little sister cheering her on and encouraging her. Only making Olivia more impatient with wanting to get out of the door and starting her morning.



There were a few times that I started tearing up watching her go find her nametag on her chair all by herself, saying hi to familiar faces and being so proud that she colored a picture and stayed in the lines. Watching her sitting with her little hands in her lap on those adorable tiny yellow chairs was so bittersweet. She looked adorable. More than adorable, she was just so breathtaking. She was so proud to find her cubby and smiled so big when one of her teachers told her what a good job she did putting her coloring picture in the tote bag and hanging it back up.


Our next taste of preschool is only a few days away and this time I drop her off in the room for an hour. And leave. Like just go next door with the rest of the parents but I won't be in the room with her and I will be wondering each minute what she is doing, if she is loving it and also a little sad that if she does something that she knows I will be proud of, I won't be in the room for her to come and tell me right away. I will be waiting right outside her classroom all set to hear all the things she's ready to tell me once pick up time comes around.


So proud of my little Olivia Maria and all the exciting new things coming her way this year. I love you so much Olivia.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I die from how cute she is!! That last picture is just so precious!!! What a bittersweet time!! Can't believe your baby girl is so big!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To my big girl Olivia! I love you sooo much! nonna Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails