Friday, November 9, 2012

Another angel to watch over us.


Rest in Peace to Anthony's Nonna Linda, Sofia and Olivia's bis-Nonna (great-grandmother). So very thankful of the time we had with her as a family on our annual visits to Italy and that the girls got to meet and spend time with their great-grandmother.

I still remember meeting her for the first time just days before Anthony and I were married and thinking how adorable she was and how she reminded me a little of my own Nonna. I remember how determined she was to walk down that aisle at our wedding on the arm of Anthony's Uncle Italo and how proud she looked of her grandson.


Our time with her was very well spent and all you can ever hope for is that she is at peace now and no longer in any pain. We have very fond memories as a family and Anthony has many wonderful memories as a young boy with his Nonna. These memories are what will keep her alive in our own home.


Best gnocchi-maker around!



Going to Italy 4 months pregnant with Sofia in 2006.


So happy to always see her grandson, they share the same smile in their eyes.


Meeting Sofia for the first time on her first visit to Italy at 3 months old.


4 generations and me.


I got so used to making sure we took one of these pictures each year we went. How proud does she look in this picture?


Olivia meeting Nonna Linda for her first time in 2009 at 2 months old.



When I told Olivia this morning that Nonna Linda had passed away, she says to me "now she is a little fairy." 


Nothing can replace the time we had with her and I am so thankful of all the memories we've shared together. Words can not express seeing your own children side-by-side with your parents let alone your grandparents. I know Anthony and I are very happy that the girls knew a little about their great-grandmother and with our help and the help of their Nonna Maria, they will learn more in the days ahead and keep Nonna Linda's spirit alive always.


July 2012, 4 generations and me. We will miss you Nonna Linda.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute, Lisa. Brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am crying so hard!! What a beautiful tribute to her and what a good reminder for why we take the photos we do. Much love to all of you as you mourn her passing.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Maria and Emily! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails