Tuesday, August 15, 2017

C is for Crepes


I love crepes. They are a favorite sweet of mine in Italy and it's always been something I felt like I should attempt at making on my own. They look simple enough and it would come in handy when I feel like eating one when I'm not in Italy.

Today was the day. I found an amazingly simple recipe for crepes on my favorite search engine and off I went. My only question after making 15 crepes was why I hadn't been making them sooner?!?! I have all the ingredients on hand all the time, it took little effort and they were a quick and easy meal. Yes, I said meal. My girls and I enjoyed nutella crepes for lunch today. That's how we roll.


What's a nutella crepe without a touch of powdered sugar? Incomplete. Go ahead, add the extra sugar. Look at that smile as my middle gobbles up lunch.


And the list of ingredients you could add to the inside of your crepe is incredible too. Not just for Nutella lovers. You could add a multitude of combinations for either a sweet or savory taste:

- ham & cheese
- peaches & cream
- strawberry jam, really any kind of jam
- peanut butter & jelly
- cream cheese

Today I enjoyed it simple. Nutella, powdered sugar and a handful of chopped strawberries. See, I kept it a little healthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails