Monday, September 11, 2017

I'm ready, I'm not ready...


I knew this day was coming, still once it's arrived it's hard to believe that's it's here. I went from having a little baby boy curled up in my arms, cuddled in my lap to walking hand in hand with me, running me around in circles to now beginning his school years. You might say I'm being emotional, too sentimental and to that I say shut up.

Let me have my moments of nostalgia and while I realize I'm not sending him off to war, I'm still sending him out in the world. Without me by his side.  Without me every single second of the day which it has been for 3 and a half years. Without me. Today begins a new chapter in our lives. One where he starts to need me less. That's a lot for this mama to handle.


He'll come home with stories of his classroom, his teachers and the schoolmates playing by his side. He's going to be learning, growing and changing. All things parents desire for their children. I remind myself each day that we are raising mini-adults and that we need for them to open their minds, take in all that's available to them and grow to be good people. Thus begins Mario Luca's hopeful journey into the world outside of me and all he's ever known these past few years. He's going to be witness to a whole new world, new people and new experiences.

I'm so happy for him to be a part of it but going to miss his little face so much.


He's ready for this next step.
He's so lucky to have two big sisters who couldn't be happier for him and excited that he'll be joining them at their school. He's got amazing role models already!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails