Monday, June 23, 2008

Senior Prom dress - Take 2

This past weekend was a busy one for us with a rehearsal dinner, two weddings and a BBQ and the last thing I wanted to think about was buying something new to wear to any of the events. My first job out of college was as an events planner/fundraiser and there were many an occasion to get all dolled up and so I decided to go through those outfits first. After rummaging through the gowns I once got so excited to wear, I was not especially thrilled about any of them. Searching my closet a little more, I found another article of clothing that was perfect for a night wedding...my senior prom dress.

I remember going shopping for my prom dress with my dad and loving it the second I saw it and even more so after trying it on and it fitting perfectly. Most people can relate to this as trips to the fitting room can prove to be less than encouraging at times. I'm not sure why I kept it all these years and didn't donate it days after my Senior Prom, but I'm so glad I kept it AND that it fit after 12 years.

All dressed up for my Senior Prom circa 1996


At George & Jessy's wedding this past Saturday night

3 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you still fit into your senior prom dress. If you sewed 2 of mine together I might be able to fit into it...if it was a low humidity day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that pic of you and i is phenomenal... i look like the most awkward 15 year old ever... whats with letting me walk around with those tube socks anyways???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails