Friday, November 14, 2008

Organizing your wires

This is a guest post from Anthony

We have a lot of wires behind our TV. In a typical household you may have a cable box and a DVD player and if you included the power cables that is pretty manageable. But when you a couple of video game consoles, a receiver and the HD cables things can get pretty messy. Same thing goes for our computer desk. It is a knot of wires.

So, a couple weeks ago I took some time to reorganize the wires that come out of our TV stand. Sofia has been getting curious back there and I thought it was a good time to redo them. The project took a little bit of time but it was fun and the end result was pretty satisfying. Here is a pic:



My next project will be the wires under the computer. I did some research and found a couple of examples of other peoples attempts at cleaning up.
There is a great blog post about it here. Some of the examples are pretty impressive and inventive and I will draw some inspiration from them. I will keep you posted with the outcome.

Here is what it looks like now:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails