Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy 5th Birthday Sofia Mia!


Sofia Vincenza turned 5 today. Where did the last five years go and since when does time move so incredibly fast?! She woke up to a decorated house (prep work for tomorrow's schoolgirl party and then Saturday's family party) which she loved. I never knew how excited my girls could get with a roll of pink crepe paper. Homemade brownies for school snack today was followed by a big surprise for my birthday girl. Daddy met us for a fun-filled afternoon of waiting in a line for a book signing to meet a special person, Giada De Laurentiis.Sofia and I used to watch her cooking shows On Demand and Sofia would actually request a cooking show at times over a cartoon! She loves flipping through my cookbooks, especially Giada's and can point her out in any magazine or online.

It was a surprise up until 30 minutes before we entered the store and when we told her I can't even explain the look on her face. It was a combination of complete happiness, shyness and surprise all at once. She didn't know what she was going to say to her but she did want her to know that it was her birthday.


Giada was very sweet with Sofia which always makes me heart melt when people are nice to my girls. They talked for a few seconds about today being her birthday and turning 5 and then she turned to her daughter and shared it with her too because it was also her daughter's birthday. The girls said happy birthday to one another and then after another minute or two of chatting about cooking, we were off. It was such a fun experience with the girls and for me too since I love her as well.



As Sofia was telling our families later on what she did for her birthday, she definitely mentioned meeting Giada. And made sure to tell them that "I met her for real."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails