Monday, June 25, 2012

My bags are packed, we're ready to go...


It always amazes me how this time of year gets here so quickly. We begin planning our annual trip to Italia right around February, but the day of departure feels like a million years away at that point. So much goes into planning for our trip...plane tickets, car rental, packing, gifts, etc. All of which I enjoy doing since the outcome is something so special to me...my family in Italy.

This year I am flying on my own, with the girls. No husband, no baby brother to be there with me as I travel with two very precious pieces of cargo...my little girls. But, I'm trying to remain positive and just hope for the best. Of course, I've planned too which means countless distractions for them in the form of coloring books, new crayons, stickers, books, little toys and the iPad. All the thought that went into the activities and they'll probably play with the iPad until the battery gives out on us.

A 2 hour wait in the airport, 8.5 hours of airtime and then a 2 hour drive to the house...Italia - here we come! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had the trip under control! I do not think that I have ever been prepared for a trip to Italy, although I have gotten along just fine while there! Where do you stay when you visit? I have tried several places, but the only places that I really enjoyed were the Tuscany Villas, and the old world charm that they offer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails