Monday, August 6, 2012

AND we're back...


5 weeks = 3 regions visited, 29 seashells collected, 83(ish) gelatos enjoyed, 100+ family & friends involved, many miles spent walking in the hot Mediterranean sun taking in the towns, beaches, farms and mountains. All that and then some (and some more after that) makes for some very happy memories AND 2500+ pictures.

But the first picture that started it all was the above. My girls sleeping, very peacefully I might add, our first night in Italy at our first stop on Italia Estate 2012 with their great-grandmother, Nonna Linda.  After a two-hour wait in the Philadelphia airport, followed by an hour wait on the runway, then 8.5 hours of flight, followed by a 2 hour car ride to Garrano, they were tired. Very tired. I lost count of the number of stickers we played with, lines we crossed off on Travel Bingo, Tom & Jerry's watched on the plane, pictures colored, books read and snacks consumed. After all that, my little girls were ready to sleep. And I was too.

My first solo flight with the girls and I'm happy to report that I'd do it again. I had quite the collection of plane/airport distractions and every single one of them was put to good use. After all the traveling, it was so good to see Nonna Linda, have a good meal and then re-introduce ourselves to the comforts of a good pillow and firm mattress. Although I am sure we would have slept just as well on the tiled floor with how exhausted the three of us were.

1 picture down, 2500+ to go. Stay tuned!

A presto!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails