Thursday, August 16, 2012

il mercato


Wednesday market in Mesagne is one of my favorite days of the week while in Italy. Especially when I can roam on my own and take all the pictures I want. And why wouldn't anyone love the markets when you can literally get anything from soap and shampoo to shoes, kitchen appliances, bathing suits, toys, jewelry and snails. And, of course, tons and tons of fresh fruits, vegetables and cheeses.

Always a picture happy place for me.


I was drooling while taking the pictures. It's not hard to see why.



There are always friendly faces at the market and not just because these folks want you to buy their ware. But because, in my opinion, these people are the backbone of Italy and they want to make the customers happy so they are happy themselves. I've always preferred shopping at the open air markets or the small shops in town to the fancy boutiques and shopping malls in Italy. Just something so wonderful about knowing that the people that are selling you the fruits, vegetables, breads, jewelry, whatever it may be, are the ones that are putting in all the hard work to make their product the best.



Don't be afraid, snails are delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails