Friday, September 16, 2011

it's good to surround yourself with great people

For many years I visited the same panificio in Mesagne to buy fresh bread for the day. When we lived there, this panificio was only about a block away making it not only the best bread in my opinion, but super convenient too. Win-Win. Several years ago I considered myself a regular even though I was no longer living there permanently and I guess they must have too as we started up a conversation which has led into a friendship. The owner, Fabrizio, and his four amazing siblings all work at the shop day-in and day-out. When I tell you that they are the nicest people you'll meet, I mean it.



Hard-working (they get to the shop around 2am to start the wood-burning oven so that they will already have plenty of breads in the bins when the doors open), genuine, family-oriented and generous.  All those mornings I ran in for focaccia on our way to the beach or the days I walked over before lunch to grab some panini's and finally one day, we began a conversation. They've welcomed us into their home, Fabrizio visited America for the first time this past Spring and we spent a great day touring Philadelphia together. We've met their mom and they've met my parents and, of course the girls love them and not just because they give them cookies when visiting the bakery.  But I love that our relationship has blossomed and as corny as it sounds but I don't care, you just feel good when you're around them.


They're just great people. Optimistic, happy, appreciative and dedicated. Dedicated to their work but you can tell dedicated to the people in their lives too. They make you feel good just being around them.


Hopefully each of them have the opportunity to visit America, I know they would love it and would appreciate it all. Fabrizio certainly loved and appreciated it and seeing him really enjoy himself made me so happy for him. You like to see good things happen especially to great people.

This is just the beginning of a beautiful friendship...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails