Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Our last day of summer vacation


"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." - Dr. Seuss

One of my favorites quotes and a great way to sum up our summer vacation. So many wonderful memories made with our 3 babies and so much to be thankful for. 7 weeks in Italy where we consumed numerous gelatos, played at the villa, plenty of time spent with family and friends, fun at the beach, down time just hanging out at the house there too reading and drawing, eating, and just being together. The last 3 weeks since we've been home have been filled with friends, family, trips to Delaware and Maryland, a trip to the zoo, plenty of smiles, a handful of pouts and just a whole lot of fun. Sad to see the summer come to an end.

And as I kissed my girls goodnight tonight I was a little sad at the thought of the start of a new school year too. Sofia begins second grade tomorrow which means another year of Monday-Friday full days and not home with me, getting bigger and just learning a whole bunch of new things. Olivia doesn't begin Kindergarten until Monday so we still have a couple days at home with her, but soon she'll be in school more than she was last year and that also means more time away from home. And me. Sad face.

But, I also begin a new year with having a little one around and enjoying some one and one time with Mario. He's not going to know what to do with the quiet that will be our home. Olivia will still be home with us two days a week in the afternoons, so I'm going to try and cherish that time as much as possible since I know next year she'll be full day, all week. Another sad face.

This is just a great reminder that while our days are not always perfect - the girls argue sometimes, the baby doesn't sleep through the night yet, laundry piles up and dust collects on soon-forgotten craft projects - that these are still moments that make up my life and I take them all. The good, the great and the not so wonderful ones. Those moments are my life and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails